Els still trying to qualify after honorary Masters invite
Updated | By AFP
Ernie Els says he is still working to qualify after receiving an honorary invitation to Augusta National next April.

The four-time major clarified his status for the 2018 Masters via Twitter.
Late last week, multiple reports said Els had received a special invitation to compete in next year's tournament and Els acknowledged the invitation in a tweet.
Thank you for a Great Xmas present! @TheMasters Can't wait!
— Ernie Els (@TheBig_Easy) December 24, 2017
A five-year qualifying spot in the Masters from his 2012 British Open triumph ended this year for the 48-year-old South African.
Els received an honorary invitation to appear at Augusta National during Masters week in 2018 rather than being granted an automatic spot in the field for the year's first major championship.
Wanted to clarify my excitement getting an invite from @TheMasters. Work continues to qualify to compete!
— Ernie Els (@TheBig_Easy) December 26, 2017
Honorary invitees are given such perks as clubhouse access and tournament badges and in past years had been permitted into the Par-3 Contest and onto the course for practice rounds.
Show's Stories
-
Meet the actors playing the band in four Beatles biopics!
The internet hasn't been this obsessed with a casting since 'Wicked'.
The Drive with Rob & Roz 12 hours ago -
How 'image whisperers' assist blind museum visitors
"They are our eyes," said Karin happily after releasing the arm of one o...
The Drive with Rob & Roz 13 hours ago